But don't overcompensate. That means take a day or two off a week and warm up before you do your intervals. I got the sense that the second reader was pushing too hard - and it is then only a matter of time till injury, burn out, or overtraining occur.
Other points to be remembered:
- There is a drop off in muscle volume near age 60. Keep lifting those weights.
- You will need a little more recovery time than when you were 25. So factor in a little off the bike rest time to let those muscles heal between workouts.
- Stay on that balanced diet with an emphasis on fruit, vegetables, more whole grains and enough protein to help main muscle volume. And, of course, enough carbs to replace what you will be using on those rides.
- Keep your life in emotional balance and enjoy family, friends and other activities. Don't just
- focus on the biking to the exclusion of all else.
You can read more at http://www.cptips.com/age.htm and http://www.cptips.com/livelng.htm